These Management Rules are to regulate the use of and conduct of persons while in the conservatory and surrounding grounds which is under BCL's management and to which the public have access.
In these management Rules the following words have the meanings given to them:
- “BCL” means the Belleisle Conservatory Ltd. Group
- “Conservatory” means the conservatory buildings managed by BCL
- “Grounds” means the grounds directly surrounding the conservatory managed by BCL
- “BCL Official” means an employee, Board Member or volunteers of the conservatory
The following activities are prohibited:
- Behaviour which causes (or in the opinion of a BCL Official is likely to cause) annoyance, offence, alarm or distress to any other conservatory user.
- Any wilful or careless act which damages or removes any artefact, plant, tree, shrub, building, structure, equipment, furniture or fitting.
- Depositing litter except in litter bins provided for the purpose.
- Pursuing any activity which endangers (or in the opinion of a BCL Official is likely to endanger)
any person or property.
- Depositing or leaving any substance or article which is likely (in the opinion of a BCL Official)
to cause injury or damage to any person or property.
The following activities are prohibited unless the BCL’s written permission has been obtained first:
- Entering into or wilfully remaining in the conservatory when it is closed to the public.
- Selling, hiring or offering for sale or hire any items or goods or services
- Displaying or handing out advertisements, conducting surveys or giving any displays or
The following activities are prohibited:
- Allowing dogs to enter in the Conservatory which is designated as a ‘dog free area.’
- Allowing dogs to foul in the grounds unless the person in charge of the dog immediately
removes the fouling (within the provisions of the Dog Fouling(Scotland) Act 2003).
- Allowing dogs to walk through flower beds.
Motorized Vehicles In Belleisle Estate
The following activities are prohibited unless South Ayrshire Councirs (and sometimes BCL's) written permission has been obtained first: The following pertains to drivers who require to load/unload at the Council's nursery or Conservatory
1. Driving, using, or parking any motorised vehicle beyond 'Authorised Vehicles Only' unless the Council's permission has been obtained first. This rule does not apply to prams and wheelchairs used for carrying children or people with a disability. If permission has been granted, a timph rule applies.
2. Driving, using or parking any motorised vehicle to the conservatory or nursery for loading/offloading unless Bas permission has been obtained first. If permission has been granted, a Srriph rule applies.
Events and Other Activities
The following activities are prohibited unless the BCL's written permission has been obtained first:
1. Holding an private or public event, performance, ceremony etc. in the conservatory.. If permission is granted, please refer to the BU Lvent Hire Price list.
2. Engaging in any private or commercial activity whatsoever (including, without limitation, photography, fiimina If permission is granted, please refer to the BCL Event Hire Price List
3. Playing any game or sport on grounds managed by BCL.
Exclusions When the Conservatory is closed
1. The conservatory I s open daily unless private/commercial functions are held. Prior notice of these events and closure of the conservatory will be publicised on notice boards throughout the park and on social media.
1. BCL is not responsible for any loss or damage to property left in the conservatory or grounds.
2. BCL is not responsible for any loss, injury or damage suffered by any person in the conservatory or grounds where such loss, injury or damage w a s occasioned by conduct of any person in contravention of these Rules or by failure to take proper and reasonable care whether on the part of the person who suffered such loss, injury or damage or such other person who was at the relevant time responsible for that person. Please note that the conservatory is equipped with eight security cameras and security lighting and monitors movement 24 hours per day.